Monday, June 15, 2009

Taking shape

I have begun painting the first of the three sketches I posted eariler.


I am beginning to get the direction I want for the first of the three sketches I planned to paint this week. From the way I am progressing, however, it may take a bit longer. Somehow I don't always seem to satisfy myself with the first few color studies.
That means either going back to change things or starting from scratch. This is always a learning process, but a wonderful experience.

3 comments:

trowbridge chronicles said...

Very nice color sketches, Ginger. I'm glad that you have a little free time to explore and experiment, but I hope your free time doesn't last too long.

Anonymous said...

Wow Ginger these are two very complex sketches. The one with the boy in the tree is captivating and intriguing. It would be wonderful to hear a bit of the story behind them.

As you know I love your underwater illustrations. They are always so fun and full of love and action. Can't wait to see this one finished.

I too back over my illustrations because like you I often finish to quickly.

It's kind of like the new book I bought and am reading. I just want to suck all the information out of the book now! I just want to have the information in the books in my brain.

I think that is why I work to quickly sometimes. I am just so excited about the work we do.

Loni Edwards said...

These are very nice Ginger. I especially like the tree. The shading and texture is intersesting and well done!