Saturday, September 19, 2009

slightly corrected ~ a question of semantics


My latest project to produce a dummy for a lift the flap book, seems to be misnamed.
Actually it is a FOLD OUT book. Now that I have that settled I will continue with my dummy and the knowledge that there is a name for what I am trying to create.


The whole idea behind this new direction comes from the fact that I want to create some surprises in my story and also have room for more of the characters and the adventure. I am creating the first dummy in 10x8 landscape orientation, but may change the size downward since I now have the added space on the fold out sections. Another alternative is to add a PULL OUT page here and there, but I am not sure if it will fit the story. If it does that is one more challenge that I would love to embrace.

No comments: