Sunday, November 22, 2009

Buddy....


I was cleaning out computer file cabinets and found this picture of Buddy. We had Buddy for only 3 weeks before he passed away. We had gotten him from the rescue shelter and perhaps they should not have let him go too soon. He was a Katrina survivor, but in poor health and being treated for heartworm disease. That particular medication is very hard on a dog, and with his immune system already below par he simply went downhill from the day we brought him home. He was so loving and gentle and in such need of our love. I am glad we were able to give him some weeks of warmth and love, but still miss him even after 3 and a half years.

Henry now occupies our lives with fun and adventure, but for anyone who has had a dog or dogs, you will know just how special each one is to your family. So today, here's a picture of Buddy.

5 comments:

MaureenHume said...

I once read a beautiful story where a group of nuns in a poor third world country raised money to purchase old and damaged donkeys from their owners. The donkey owners wouldn't let the poor, pain ridden donkey's go unless they had enough money to get a young donkey replacement. These wonderful nuns would then give as much love as they could to the old donkeys for two weeks, then they were humanely euthanased. The nun's sole purpose in life was to show these old and work-worn donkey's what love was like before the end of their life.

Buddy passed away knowing how much he was loved and that's a pretty special achievement.

Nikki said...

I love that we are posting about our four legged loved ones!

What a wonderful story about you rescuing a Katrina pet. Though a sad ending, it was wonderful that he got to spend his final weeks in a loving home!

theartofpuro said...

I understand very well!But I'm sure that 3 weeks of love were as you gave him a full life of love!

valerie walsh said...

I have tears in my eyes from your beautiful post! This touches me so deeply :( I am so happy that Buddy felt your love and you are such a beautiful person, I'm so glad that we have become buddies :) Thank you so much for your message! That is so great and I will make sure that Uprinting finds out about this as well. There is a blog on "Ning" uprinting has set up and it's mainly women and I know they would all like to be involved!

isay said...

...passing by. great picture of buddy!

i also like your new header and can't help it and i have to tell it to you.....