Friday, June 4, 2010

New Books for 2010...

 This past year and a half has been a fortunate one for me as an illustrator. It proves that really hard work pays off... well it may not pay as well financially, but it certainly does pay
in credits, books illustrated,good karma, and nice rewards as the books begin to sell*:).

Four of the books I have illustrated are either available now, or will be this fall. Working with Stemmer House Publishers for Daniel and the Harmonica was a joyful challenge. Due out in September the picture book challenged me to create crowds of people for a young boy's day out in the park with his harmonica. Robert Dubreuil's story asks "What could happen if you play a very special harmonica in a park on a sunny afternoon?"


Also due out in a few weeks is A Wish and A Prayer, by Beth Bence Reinke. I really enjoyed working on the illustrations for this picture book that asks the question, "Is a Wish better than a Prayer?"
As soon as I have my copies, I plan to read this one at our children's time in church and leave several copies in the church libraries.


Currently available from the publisher, 4RV PUBLISHING, LLC are In My Bath, by Beth Bence Reinke,





If Wishes Were Fishes, by N.A.Sharpe,




 and for Pre-order, A Wish and A Prayer by Beth Bence Reinke.

When you order the books, any or all,  just shoot me an email and I will  send you an illustrated, signed book plate for your copy or one you plan to give as a gift.

5 comments:

Vivian Zabel said...

Actually, A Wish and a Prayer should be out earlier than this fall, maybe within a few weeks.

Ginger*:) said...

Thanks Vivian, I changed the release time in my post.
Happy to see that we will have that book out so soon.

Painted Preppy said...

Love the bubbles and the black and white floor, inspiring work.

theartofpuro said...

This is a great year:)Happy for you and your books:)

Beth Reinke said...

Thanks for sharing our books with your blog readers, Ginger. So exciting! ;o)