Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Review of A Wish and A Prayer by Beth Bence Reinke

I found another really wonderful review of a book I illustrated.  A Wish and A Prayer was written by Beth Bence Reinke.   The review was posted on the Teens and Children's Book connection.
You might enjoy reading about the book.  I found the story interesting to illustrate and loved reading it over and over.  Addressing the difference between wishing for something and praying about a situation Beth has captured the feelings of a child who has lost something dear to him and actively seeks help in many ways to find it again. Ending with a trust in God and a gentle prayer, the story is beautifully told.

2 comments:

Di said...

Congratulations on your new book. I'm sure your illos are helping get this lovely book the nice reviews.

Cheryl Lynn said...

I am so happy you're getting good reviews and exposure to your beautiful work. The book sounds fabulous, I love the story's premise. These are things our children need to know and should be taught at an early age. The Bible tells us to remember the Lord in the days of our youth.

Bravo to you and Ms. Reinke.