Sunday, April 3, 2011

Books... those wonderful art galleries in your lap.

It's about books: I love them. Every month I volunteer in a used book shop. The sales support our library. Each time I work there I usually come home with a bag full of books. There is no substitute for a book you can hold, take off a shelf and enjoy hour after hour any time of the day or night. This week's purchases included an entire Wildlife Explorer series of 300 or so panels of animal photos and a huge Jaques Cousteau book about Whales.


There are two others one with black and white photos of animals and another of wild birds.  All of these are great additions to my art library and the cost?  Only $8.00 for all five. Considering the price of even one is over $25.00 it is certainly a bargain.
In addition these books will be used, loved and treasured by many members of our family.

4 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

I was there on opening day and got two great books for Brian...he'd love what you chose!

Jill Bergman said...

I agree, Ginger! I want to put up skinny shelves in one of my rooms and put my favorite open books on them. Then I could turn the pages every day and it would be a constantly changing art gallery!
This is a really beautiful winter panting you've posted.

Ginger*:) said...

Thanks Jill, I know what you mean. Some books are so inviting I just would love to keep them open all day... ALL of them!

Where else can you hold two at once and compare the art and the story... and enjoy both at once.

Ginger*:) said...

Nancy ... Tell Brian that "I share" *:)